Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We are all formed of frailty and error..

You know, we always seem to expect our flaws to be ignored and accepted but when it comes to accepting others flaws, we are pretty quick to judge and run away. There is nothing worse than realising your flaws, and knowing your flaws have caused huge problems for you that could have so easily been avoided if you had just been brave enough to take one look at yourself and realise "No, you are not perfect... but that is OK".

Everyone knows they have flaws, whether it be being insecure, or paranoid, or maybe even too guarded. It is when you see what effects the flaws can have on your life, then there is a problem. I don't think there is one person that can wake up and know for a fact they are perfect. I really like to think I am a good person, I like to think I am kind and caring, I would rather jump in front of a bus than see someone else get hit. This is all well and good, but those little traits you hold? and when they damage the ones you love? That is when you need to take a step back and realise you can't just snap and become aggressive when someone points out your flaws, because us, ourselves, are so fast to point out others. I have found myself so many times judging someone because of their negative points, speaking like I have nothing to work on at all. Speaking like I have reached perfection and everyone else hasn't got a clue.

I have come to realise I have got a lot of work to do on myself. It has finally hit me that everyone needs to stop pretending they are perfect, because the path to perfection requires one to take a long hard look at themselves, realise the negatives and work through them. There are no results without hard work, and if hard work includes having to sit down and understand that you have made mistakes, that you have messed up and that you have a lot of things to work on, then so be it.

I feel like I want a new canvas, one I can alter and fix up to be the picture I have always wanted. Now, we all know, no one is going to get handed a new canvas, the only option we have is to spend a long time working over the old one, to get it to a place where is looks quite beautiful. In the end, the canvas might look messy and untidy, but at least you can look at it and know you tried.

I am impatient, I am impulsive, I am sometimes very selfish, I am wreakless, I am scared, I am insecure and paranoid, I am weak, I am far too idealistic, I am inconsiderate....

I am also ready to accept that, No, I am not perfect, I am far from it. But that is OK.... Because nobody else is either.

As quote that someone very special shared with me:

"We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly--that is the first law of nature."

How can we expect to be forgiven, when we find it so hard to forgive others?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was one deep post for 25 minutes past 8 when I'm about to dash out on the school run but also one that I feel blessed to have read. To be handed a blank canvas Fi would mean that you wouldn't be you - you would have to start all again and develop a whole new character so start painting that canvas in the areas that need the 'work' but allow the beautiful parts that are already developed and beautiful and good to just shine, in turn those around you can look at themselves and their canvas and as we continue on this tiny rock bouncing around in space we can find the real 'us'. The quote is as always beautiful and profound - let us all remember to live our lives by it and remember the opening element "We are all formed of frailty and error..." and keep this in mind as we go about our day to day.

    Hugs

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete